A tour led by an expert guide, dedicated to the “Parco Urbano delle Mura” and the Ring of Forts. The walls (Mura) that give the park its name are the so-called New Walls, built in the 1600s to fortify city and port defences. The park also boasts several military forts built between the 17th and 18th centuries and preserves the natural habitat of the area, home to several species of protected flora and fauna.
The meeting point is the Tourist Information Office in via Garibaldi 12r, from which the group will reach the characteristic funicular railway Zecca-Righi that leads to Righi hill.
The tour goes on to Forte Sperone, up to Forte Puin, following the so - called Butterfly trail and “antiche neviere” and back to the funicular railway station along the route to Forte Castellaccio.
The interior of the Forts cannot be visited.
TOTAL DURATION: 4 hours
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: easy hike on trails, suitable for all; it requires a minimal ability to walk in a natural environment. Hiking footwear and clothing recommended.
Prices: Full price € 14,00 (The fare includes the radio guide - transport tickets not included); - Free under 6 y.o. (transport tickets are compulsory for children taller than 1,15m).
The tour starts at 10.00a.m. - available in Italian and English language
Tickets are available to buy online or at the Tourist Information Offices. Tickets are not refundable. If the service will not be confirmed, participants will have the opportunity to schedule one of the other tours available organized by the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Genoa.
Tickets can be purchased no later than 48 hours before the tour
The tour is subject to a minimum of 4/5 and a maximum of 15 participants and will be cancelled in case of bad weather. In case of cancellation you will be sent an email before 10:00am on the day prior to the tour.
Starting Point: Tourist Information Office Via Garibaldi 12r
We recommend to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes before the departure.
We suggest comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear to unpaved paths.
Guided tours organized by the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Genoa, take place in full compliance with the current regulations regarding Covid 19 and the related sanitary provisions; therefore, the following safety guidelines will be observed:
- Reduced number of participants
- Participants must wear masks and keep social distance. In case participant do not have a mask, they can purchase it directly from the guide at the price of € 0.50. Participants who do not wear a mask will not be allowed to participate at the tour.
- At the departure point the detection of the temperature for the participants is foreseen, which must not exceed 37.5 °.
- The guide will provide to each member of the group a radio guide with a disposable lanyard, a form to associate the user with the radio guide and to confirm acceptance of the "safe visits" procedures.
- In support of the radio guide, participants can use their own headset (with wire and universal aux input - with jack connection) to be inserted into the device or, if not equipped, they can purchase the headset directly from the guide at the price of € 2.50.
- The tour can be purchased online at the following link http://www.visitgenoa.it/store and at the Tourist Information Centres
Further information: Ph. +39 010 5572903 – email@example.com
Ссылочный код: FO001