Guided tours of the Palazzi dei Rolli, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
An itinerary that illustrates some of the Palazzi dei Rolli, the sumptuous residences built by the richest and most powerful families of Genoa during the Golden Age (between the 16th and 17th centuries) which became a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2006, and the history of Genoa.
This network of private dwellings served a unique representative role through their inclusion in the "Rolli", an official list of public lodging palaces for state visits. Kings, princes, diplomats and ambassadors - all guests of State of the Republic of Genoa - once found hospitality in these residences.
These luxurious, elegantly decorated dwellings did not fail to catch the eye of refined artists such as the great Flemish painter Rubens, who in the early 1600s published a collection of drawings of the palaces, which he regarded as model examples of noble dwellings.
Tour takes place every Saturday at 3.00pm, starting point Tourist Information Centre via Garibaldi 12r
The tour takes place in two languages (Italian and english) with a bilingual guide
N.B. On the occasion of the event Rolli Days, the tour is suspended
Prices: Full price € 17,50; Reduced (children 12-18 y.o. and adults over 65): € 15,50; Children under 12 y.o.: free.
The fare includes the radio guide; please send an e-mail to email@example.com to communicate the presence of children among the participants and specify if they need a radio guide, which can be purchased on site, within 24 hours from the departure of the tour.
Tickets can be purchased no later than 24 hours before the tour
Guided tours organized by the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Genoa, take place in full compliance with the current regulations regarding Covid 19 and the related sanitary provisions; therefore, the following safety guidelines will be observed:
- Reduced number of participants
- Participants must wear masks and keep social distance.
- At the departure point the detection of the temperature for the participants is foreseen, which must not exceed 37.5 °.
- The guide will provide to each member of the group a radio guide with a disposable lanyard, a form to associate the user with the radio guide and to confirm acceptance of the "safe visits" procedures.
- In support of the radio guide, participants can use their own headset (with wire and universal aux input - with jack connection) to be inserted into the device or, if not equipped, they can purchase the headset directly from the guide at the price of € 2.50.
- The tour can be purchased online at the following link http://www.visitgenoa.it/store and at the Tourist Information Centres
Please show up at the starting point a few minutes before the departure of the tour
The purchased items will not be refunded in any way. A refund is foreseen only in case the service is not provided for reasons directly attributable to Comune di Genova.
In the event of a ‘red’ weather alert, following the Mayor's order to close all Museums and palaces, the tour is not guaranteed.
Codice di riferimento: TO002P