Vertical Genoa: from Spianata Castelletto to Carmine neighbourhood
An unusual perspective to discover the Superba
An evocative route to experience the thrill of Vertical Genoa and its unusual means of transport, such as the Liberty-style lift of Castelletto - mentioned by the famous Giorgio Caproni in one of his poems - and to enjoy incredible views of the city and its port.
Besides the charm of the city from above, you will experience the magic of the Carmine neighbourhood! In an up and down of “creuze” and narrow streets, you will reach the famous district, a rural context of the past centuries unusually located in the heart of the city, characterized by tiny squares and alleys with unusual and evocative names. Special corners, where time seems to have stopped.
The tour starts at 3p.m. from the Tourist Information Centre in via Garibaldi 12r.
The tour will take place in two languages with a bilingual guide
Prices: Full price € 17,50; Reduced (children 12-18 y.o. and adults over 65): € 15,50; Children under 12 y.o.: free.
The fare includes the radio guide; please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate the presence of children among the participants and specify if they need a radio guide, which can be purchased on site, within 24 hours from the departure of the tour.
The ticket does not include the mandatory AMT ticket to take the lift for adults and kids more than 1,5m high, to be purchased at Tourist Information Centre in via Garibaldi 12r.
Tickets can be purchased no later than 24 hours before the tour
Guided tours organized by the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Genoa, take place in full compliance with the current regulations regarding Covid 19 and the related sanitary provisions; therefore, the following safety guidelines will be observed:
- Reduced number of participants
- Participants must wear masks and keep social distance. In case participant do not have a mask, they can purchase it directly from the guide at the price of € 0.50. Participants who do not wear a mask will not be allowed to participate at the tour.
- At the departure point the detection of the temperature for the participants is foreseen, which must not exceed 37.5 °.
- The guide will provide to each member of the group a radio guide with a disposable lanyard, a form to associate the user with the radio guide and to confirm acceptance of the "safe visits" procedures.
- In support of the radio guide, participants can use their own headset (with wire and universal aux input - with jack connection) to be inserted into the device or, if not equipped, they can purchase the headset directly from the guide at the price of € 2.50.
- The tour can be purchased online at the following link http://www.visitgenoa.it/store and at the Tourist Information Centres
Please show up at the starting point a few minutes before the departure of the tour
The purchased items will not be refunded in any way. A refund is foreseen only in case the service is not provided for reasons directly attributable to Comune di Genova.
In the event of a ‘red’ weather alert, the tour is not guaranteed.
Reference code: GEVERT