Salsa di pinoli (pine kernel sauce)
- 180 g of pine kernels from Pisa;
- 2 cloves of Vessalico garlic;
- half a bread roll soaked in milk and drained;
- 30 g of parmesan cheese;
- 1 spoonful of prescinseua (curdled cheese);
- fresh leaves of two sprigs of marjoram;
- extra virgin olive oil;
- coarse grain salt.
Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt in a mortar, add the pine kernels and continue to crush until you obtain a dense consistency. Rotating the pestle around the mortar, add the marjoram and another pinch of salt, the soaked bread, prescinseua and parmesan. Mix together and add a drop of oil until you get a perfect creamy consistency.
The recipes are taken from the guide “Dining in Genoa”, by M&R Comunicazione, available at the Tourist Information Offices