"No crib here is equal to another ... all differ in size, in wealth [...] Genoese nativity scenes are the joy of Christmas ... Christmas has not lost its original meaning here. It is only the celebration of childhood and hope for men of good will. The crib is the triumph of the Genoese: from Christmas day on, they go to visit them one after the other. They have three weeks to make their pilgrimage. [...] and the crowd parades incessantly in front of so much splendour ".
Thus wrote Henry Aubert, fascinated by the tradition of the nativity scene in Genoa and its surroundings.
Genoa, a city rich in history and culture, is deeply linked to its most ancient traditions. Known for its tradition of nativity, born around the beginning of the seventeenth century and developed incessantly and extraordinarily over the centuries, Genoa established itself, next to Naples, as one of the most active centres in the production of nativity figures.
The tour starts from the Tourist Imformation Office in Via Garibaldi 12r at 3.00pm
ITINERARY 1: •Sunday 26th December 2021 • Sunday 2nd January 2022 • Sunday 16th January 2022
Ascent by Sant’Anna Funicolar and visit to the Nativity scenes in the following Churches and/or museums:
Chiesa di Sant’Anna, Chiesa del Padre Santo, Museo dei Cappuccini
ITINERARY 2: •Thursday 6th January 2022 • Friday 14th January 2022
Ascent by Zecca-Righi funicular and visit to the Nativity scene in Santuario della Madonnetta
Descent by funicolar and visit to chiesa di San Luca, via degli Orefici, Chiesa di San Matteo, Chiesa di San Donato
Prices: Full price € 17,50; Reduced (children 12-18 y.o, adults over 65): € 15,50; Children under 12 y.o.: free.
The fare includes the radio guide; please send an e-mail to email@example.com to communicate the presence of children among the participants and specify if they need a radio guide, which can be purchased on site, within 24 hours from the departure of the tour.
Tickets can be purchased no later than 24 hours before the tour
To participate at the tour, visitors must show the EU Covid Certificate (REINFORCED GREEN PASS) certifying the completion of the vaccination cycle or the occurred healing from Covid-19, wear masks and respect the interpersonal safety distance.
For additional info, please visit the website: https://www.dgc.gov.it/web/
Guided tours organized by the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Genoa, take place in full compliance with the current regulations regarding Covid 19 and the related sanitary provisions; therefore, the following safety guidelines will be observed:
- Reduced number of participants
- Participants must wear masks and keep social distance.
- At the departure point the detection of the temperature for the participants is foreseen, which must not exceed 37.5 °.
- The guide will provide to each member of the group a radio guide with a disposable lanyard, a form to associate the user with the radio guide and to confirm acceptance of the "safe visits" procedures.
- In support of the radio guide, participants can use their own headset (with wire and universal aux input - with jack connection) to be inserted into the device or, if not equipped, they can purchase the headset directly from the guide at the price of € 2.50.
- The tour can be purchased online at the following link http://www.visitgenoa.it/store and at the Tourist Information Centres
Please show up at the starting point a few minutes before the departure of the tour
The purchased items will not be refunded in any way. A refund is foreseen only in case the service is not provided for reasons directly attributable to Comune di Genova.
In the event of a ‘red’ weather alert, following the Mayor's order, the tour is not guaranteed and in any case, it will not be possible to visit Strada Nuova Museum.
Reference code: PRE002