Guided tours of the Palazzi dei Rolli, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
This itinerary opens the doors to several of the city's sumptuous residences, built by Genoa's wealthiest, most powerful families during the Golden Age (between the 16th and 17th centuries); they have been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2006.
This network of private dwellings served a unique representative role through their inclusion in the "Rolli", an official list of public lodging palaces for state visits. Kings, princes, diplomats and ambassadors - all guests of State of the Republic of Genoa - once found hospitality in these residences.
These luxurious, elegantly decorated dwellings did not fail to catch the eye of refined artists such as the great Flemish painter Rubens, who in the early 1600s published a collection of drawings of the palaces, which he regarded as model examples of noble dwellings.
The tour starts from Vico alla Chiesa della Maddalena 20r on the corner with via Garibaldi 8
Saturday, 3:00p.m.: Italian/English
The tour will take place in two languages with a bilingual guide
N.B. On the occasion of the event Rolli Days, tour is suspended
Prices: Full price € 14,00; Reduced (children 12-18 years old, adults over 65, or Card Musei holders): € 12,00; Children under 12 years old: free.
Groups: please contact the offices via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFETY PROCEDURE FOR GUIDED TOUR
Guided tours organized by the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Genoa, take place in full compliance with the current regulations regarding Covid 19 and the related sanitary provisions; therefore, the following safety guidelines will be observed:
- Reduced number of participants (max 10-12 pax)
- Participants must wear masks and keep social distance. In case participant do not have a mask, they can purchase it directly from the guide at the price of € 0.50. Participants who do not wear a mask will not be allowed to participate at the tour.
- At the departure point the detection of the temperature for the participants is foreseen, which must not exceed 37.5 °.
- The guide will provide to each member of the group a radio guide with a disposable lanyard, a form to associate the user with the radio guide and to confirm acceptance of the "safe visits" procedures.
- In support of the radio guide, participants can use their own headset (with wire and universal aux input - with jack connection) to be inserted into the device or, if not equipped, they can purchase the headset directly from the guide at the price of € 2.50.
- The tour can be purchased online at the following link http://www.visitgenoa.it/store
- It is recommended to show up at the meeting point at least 30 minutes before the departure time.
Tickets can be purchased on line
You can show up at the starting point 30 minutes before the departure of the tour
The purchased items will not be refunded in any way. A refund is foreseen only in case the service is not provided for reasons directly attributable to Comune di Genova.
In the event of a ‘red’ weather alert, following the Mayor's order to close all Museums and palaces, the tour is not guaranteed.
Ссылочный код: TO002P