Discover the charm of the old town of Genoa! Every weekend let us guide you through one of the largest historic centre in Europe, replete with curiosities and endless mysteries.
The tour sets off from the TIC (Tourist Information Centre) in the Old Port area and winds its way through Genoa's narrow "caruggi" (alleyways) and ancient squares. Some of the main points of interest include the Cathedral, Palazzo Ducale and the Carlo Felice Opera House. The tour ends with a visit to the "Strada Nuova" (Via Garibaldi), UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Tour starts at the Tourist Information Office in the Porto Antico area (Palazzina Santa Maria, via al Porto Antico 2)
Sunday, 10:00 a.m.: Italian/English
The tour will take place in two languages with a bilingual guide
Prices: Full price € 17,50; Reduced (children 12-18 y.o, adults over 65): € 15,50; Children under 12 y.o.: free.
The fare includes the radio guide; please send an e-mail to email@example.com to communicate the presence of children among the participants and specify if they need a radio guide, which can be purchased on site, within 24 hours from the departure of the tour.
Groups: please contact the offices via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFETY PROCEDURE FOR GUIDED TOUR
Guided tours organized by the Tourism Department of the Municipality of Genoa, take place in full compliance with the current regulations regarding Covid 19 and the related sanitary provisions; therefore, the following safety guidelines will be observed:
- Reduced number of participants (max 10-14 pax)
- Participants must wear masks and keep social distance. In case participant do not have a mask, they can purchase it directly from the guide at the price of € 0.50. Participants who do not wear a mask will not be allowed to participate at the tour.
- At the departure point the detection of the temperature for the participants is foreseen, which must not exceed 37.5 °.
- The guide will provide to each member of the group a radio guide with a disposable lanyard, a form to associate the user with the radio guide and to confirm acceptance of the "safe visits" procedures.
- In support of the radio guide, participants can use their own headset (with wire and universal aux input - with jack connection) to be inserted into the device or, if not equipped, they can purchase the headset directly from the guide at the price of € 2.50.
- The tour can be purchased online at the following link http://www.visitgenoa.it/store and at the Tourist Information Centres
Please show up at the starting point a few minutes before the departure of the tour
The purchased items will not be refunded in any way. A refund is foreseen only in case the service is not provided for reasons directly attributable to Comune di Genova.
In the event of a ‘red’ weather alert, following the Mayor's order to close all Museums, the tour is not guaranteed and in any case, it will not be possible to visit Strada Nuova Museum.
Reference code: TO001P